Position: Process Engineer
Placement: Dumai, Riau
Responsible for group manufacturing production and process control. Working within 4 pillars namely the process control pillar, production efficiency pillar, start-up and shutdown procedures pillar, and Plant commissioning pillar to drive group continuous improvement making KLK OLEO a cost-effective and efficient manufacturer with the inherently safe and environmentally friendly process.
Role and Responsibilities
• Assist to drive production efficiency development & implementation at sites.
• Plan, organize, lead & control site’s process control (working with site team) via innovative approach and standardized approach.
• Plan, organize, lead & control process compliance.
• Liaise closely with the site team to ensure to meet the above four pillars.
• Share best practices with all sites. Develop and train guidelines & standards.
• Propose/initiate lead and manage process modifications/improvement e.g. increasing yields capacity, reduce consumption, new technology/materials.
• Responsible for daily in-process monitoring, process control, addressing alarm, and trouble-shooting plant/process problems.
• Apply engineering principles, perform calculation and simulation related to mass heat transfer and liquid/gas thermodynamics, and fluid mechanics.
• Perform process efficiency monitoring on reactions, heat exchangers, economizers, and separation equipment to meet/exceed process KPI.
• Perform hazards operability analysis (HAZOP), JSA, PTW, or equivalent and take part in safety audits/assessments.
• Collaborate with Central Process and other Technical Team for any process improvement or new project review.
• Be the operation lead during project construction, plant commissioning, trial runs, startup, shutdown, and turnaround activities.
• Perform any other task as assigned by the superior.
Job Success Requirements
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering from a reputable university with CGPA > 3.0.
• Minimum 5 years working experience in the manufacturing industry preferably chemical, oleochemical, or petrochemical.
• Must have proven track records in achievement in process improvement/optimization or plant reliability projects.
• Able to perform heat and mass balance and pressure loss calculation.
• Good command in engineering simulation software (HYSYS/UniSim, HTRI) will be an added advantage.
• Fresh graduates with a strong academic qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Apply via LinkedIn Jobs: